We at Upstate Mosquito Service, Inc. are often asked, “What can I do to reduce mosquitoes in my yard?” Well, you asked, we delivered. Here are our 10 Tips For A Mosquito-Free Yard. They were adapted from the American Mosquito Control Association.
10 Steps Tips for a Mosquito-Free Yard
- Destroy or dispose of old tires, buckets, unused plastic swimming pools or other containers that collect and hold water.
- Do not allow water to accumulate in the saucers of flowerpots or in pet dishes for more than 2 days.
- Clean debris from rain gutters and remove any standing water under or around structures, or on flat roofs.
- Check around faucets and air conditioner units and repair leaks or eliminate puddles that remain for several days.
- Change the water in birdbaths or wading pools at least once a week.
- Fill or drain puddles, ditches and swampy areas, and either remove, drain or fill tree holes and stumps with mortar.
- Check for trapped water in plastic or canvas tarps used to cover boats, pools, etc. Arrange the tarp to drain the water.
- Check around do-it-yourself improvements to ensure that proper backfilling and grading prevent drainage problems.
- Irrigate lawns and gardens carefully to prevent water from standing for several days.
- Hire Upstate Mosquito Service, Inc. to treat your yard during mosquito season.
Upstate Mosquito Service, Inc. is dedicated to meeting all of your mosquito control and protection needs in the Greenville/Spartanburg area. We offer a variety of services and programs to keep your family, pets, and friends safe and comfortable while you enjoy life in the great outdoors.
Our Co-Founders, Charlie Vensel and Jeff Fugle, have 40+ years of combined experience in the Lawn & Garden Industry and are uniquely qualified to handle your mosquito control and protection needs.
Ready to “Fight the Bite” and enjoy the great outdoors again? We are standing by to keep your family and pets safe from harmful mosquitoes. It would be our pleasure to provide you with a free written estimate; just give us a call at 864-501-2760 or click Start The Conversation.